Release Notes for PCGen v6.1.4
Table of Content
PCGen v6.1.4 is
an alpha release from our development branch to allow
experimentation and testing of our latest work.
Please give it a shot and let us know how it works for you.
Some notable changes in this release are listed below.
- Restructure Data Directories to be by GameMode
- New data folder option for homebrew data
The following new sources were added in 6.1.4
- [Alderac Entertainment Group] Empire
- [Paradigm Concepts] Magic of Arcanis
- [Super Genius Games] The Genius Guide to: Air Magic
For full details of the new changes in this release, see the Change Log .
James Dempsey for the PCGEN Team -- 8 July, 2013.
Java 6 or Java 7. PCGEN 6.1.4 is not compatible with Java 1.5.x and it is NOT SUPPORTED.
To get the latest version of Java, go to
PCGen has been tested with both Java 6 (including OpenJDK) and Java 7.
Please see the
Installation Documentation for information about installing PCGen.
Read the doc!
Please make sure you read the docs to
familiarize yourself with the changes. You can access it from
docs/index.html located in the PCGen directory.
With our ever growing data folder and a growing need to organize the sets for better
maintainability, the following changes WILL impact our homebrew community:
The d20ogl folder has been removed, in it's place is now a folder for each gamemode we support. Each
folder should contain sets only for that gamemode, there are a few exceptions.
The format for the data structure is very simple: /gamemode/publisher/book or subcategory
Example of folders in place of d20ogl:
If you have data pointing to any of the core sets, you'll need to correct your full path link
associations. Links are any that have a file path starting at the base data folder -
PCC:@/d20ogl/srd35/xxx.pcc You won't need to change relative links.
For the main sets the following changes need to be made:
|PF Main Books||/pathfinder/paizo/pathfinder/CORE_BOOK_NAME|
|PF Adventure Paths||/pathfinder/paizo/adventure_path|
|PF Campaign Setting||/pathfinder/paizo/campaign_setting|
|PF Player Companion||/pathfinder/paizo/player_companion|
We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause, but think this change will better help for set
maintainability and future improvements as we incorporate new systems.
Any questions or support items, please contact our Support Desk Monkey Andrew Maitland at
If you have custom data created using either the old LST Editor, or the my_dataset example files, it is
very important that you read the
Upgrading PCGen and
Upgrading home brews
before installing your new version of PCGen.
PCGen is an open source project. Anyone who wants to contribute whether it is Java programming, data
set programming, documentation, helping new users, general cat herding, massage, walking the dogs, etc.
is very welcome.
If you want to help drop a mail to PR@pcgen.org
or Content@pcgen.org, or
simply post a message with the title "I Want To Help" in one of the mailing lists.
New Data Source
New Code Features
- [CODE-2174] - Extend APPLIEDNAME tag to templates
- [CODE-2176] - Sort dropdown list of preview files on Character Sheet tab alphabetically
- [CODE-2180] - New Data Path - Homebrew
New Data Features
- [DATA-1133] - Properly Implement Shieldbash
- [DATA-1137] - [Guide To Pathfinder Society Organised Play] Add a kit with standard gold
- [DATA-1140] - Ranger Favored Community for Urban Ranger Archetype
- [DATA-1148] - Looking for a lizard mount for a cavalier
- [DATA-1150] - Restructure Data Directories to be by GameMode
- [DATA-1157] - Sorcerer Favored Class bonus not for Human%
- [DATA-1158] - Implement Sohei armor and weapon proficiencies (Ultimate Combat)
New Output Sheet Feature
- [OS-242] - [PF] Turning & Eclipse Channeling blocks appear on all chars O/S
Code Bug Fixes
- [CODE-2170] - count("ABILITIES") broken with multiples of the same ability
- [CODE-2172] - Metamagic feat application chooser does not support metamagic feat with choices
- [CODE-2175] - COUNT[TEMPLATES] counts invisible templates
- [CODE-2177] - Language chooser loses selected languages after load of character
- [CODE-2185] - BONUS:SKILLPOOL causes skill points remaining to spiral into negative
Data Bug Fixes
- [DATA-900] - Multiple Issues with updated Arcanis Players Guide
- [DATA-1116] - Monks can take Shaitan Style feats without meeting prerequisites
- [DATA-1117] - Characters cannot take Panther Parry feat
- [DATA-1118] - [PFCR] Monk doublecount of levels for class abilities
- [DATA-1119] - [PFUC] SEVERE errors caused by Bestiary companions used in archetype
- [DATA-1121] - APG Vest of the Cockroach price wrong
- [DATA-1122] - PFS APG Starknife (Sparkwake) price wrong
- [DATA-1123] - PF Cavalier mount animal companion feats
- [DATA-1124] - Gift of Tongues racial trait not giving bonus language for Linguistics properly
- [DATA-1125] - [Pathfinder] Ranger combat style bonus feats broken
- [DATA-1126] - Extra space in Pathfinder Bard spell "Negative Reaction" description
- [DATA-1127] - Misspellings in Pathfinder traits
- [DATA-1132] - Sidewinder Errors
- [DATA-1138] - Pathfinder Tengu Swordtrained
- [DATA-1139] - Pathfinder Tengu Guifted Linguist
- [DATA-1141] - Smite Evil broken for Paladin Archetypes
- [DATA-1142] - Load test Errors - Pathfinder, 3e and Spycraft
- [DATA-1144] - Pathfinder, Gloves of Dueling do not appear to add +2 Weapon Training bonus
- [DATA-1147] - [PFCR] Eldritch Knight prereqs broken
- [DATA-1151] - Phase II - As part of the directory restructure, hardcoded file paths are broken. Need to fix those
- [DATA-1153] - [PFCR] Missing SERVESAS from new wpn/armor/shield proficiency lines
- [DATA-1154] - Dancing Lights has wrong duration
- [DATA-1156] - Genesis spell not on wizard list
- [DATA-1160] - Losing the wrong bonus feat for monk archetypes
Output Sheets Bug Fix
- [OS-190] - 2H sword atk/dam reads as null for "simple" exported OS